Each of our uniquely designed groups provides support and practical suggestions for your grief journey. You may attend a support group or class regardless of whether or not your loved one was served by Hospice of the Red River Valley.
Support groups are provided free of charge and made possible through the generous donations of past participants, churches, business and organizations and grant funds. Registration is not required. Click to download a print a 2017 support group flyer.
- Grief Journeys for Adults is for individuals 18 and older who have experienced a loss through death.
- Grief Journeys for Widows is for women who have experienced the death of a partner.
- Grief Journeys for Men is for men who have experienced a loss through death.
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss is for anyone who has experienced the death of a baby through pregnancy loss, stillbirth or in the first year of life.
Most classes are free, but some have a nominal fee. Pre-registration is required. Sign up to automatically receive an email when new support groups and grief classes are offered.
- Youth Journeys is a day filled with activities and support for young people, ages 6 to 18, who have had someone they love die. A portion of the day includes parent/guardian participation. It is offered on a Saturday twice a year in Fargo (usually fall and spring) and in other areas as interest warrants.
- Transitions Class: Beyond Widowhood is for men and women who wish to address the more practical aspects of widowhood. This is an six-session class and is not intended for those widowed less than one year. It is offered once a year in Fargo in the evenings, usually in the fall.
- Journeying Through Grief is an education series designed for individuals wanting to learn more about their own grief process.This four-week class is for newly grieving individuals, and is offered twice a year in Fargo, typically in April and October, and other areas based on interest. Journeying Through Grief classes are held at several locations.
Learn more about grief support from Hospice:
- Who can receive grief services
- Types of grief services and resources
- Community resources and education