If you are caring for someone who may meet the medical guidelines for hospice, we encourage you to contact us sooner rather than later. There are several ways to refer a patient to Hospice of the Red River Valley:
- With patient/family permission, review the situation with a Hospice staff member (call (800) 237-4629). If a Hospice staff member is in your facility, he or she will be able to answer questions.
- Email us at email@example.com.
- Contact us through the website.
What you can expect after calling Hospice
- A quick response and visit when it is convenient for the individual and his/her family
- Reassurance that he or she has made a good decision in calling Hospice
- Information without obligation
- Respect for the patient’s decision, whether it involves Hospice or not
We can provide answers to the common questions you might have:
- What services does hospice provide?
- When is a patient appropriate for hospice?
- How do I start the conversation about hospice?
- How does Hospice coordinate care with facilities?
- How is Hospice paid for?
- What signs indicate a patient is nearing end-of-life?
- What resources does Hospice provide for health care professionals?