Hospice of the Red River Valley provides the following services to our partnering facilities:
- Pain and symptom management consultations
- End-of-life educational presentations for staff; please inquire for continuing education units for social workers and nurses
- Grief support for staff
Glossary of Hospice Terms
This handout explains common terminology used in hospice care.
Diagnosis-Specific Guidelines for Hospice
This handout identifies several signs and symptoms that indicate if an individual is medically appropriate for hospice care.
Difficult Conversations about Hospice Care
Learn tips on when and how to talk about hospice care
We can provide answers to the common questions you might have:
- What services does hospice provide?
- When is a patient appropriate for hospice?
- How do I start the conversation about hospice?
- How does Hospice coordinate care with facilities?
- How is Hospice paid for?
- What signs indicate a patient is nearing end-of-life?
- How do I refer a patient to hospice?