The 5th annual Debbie Gabel Memorial Motorcycle Ride, Raffle and Street Dance will be held Saturday, July 27, in Valley City.
Rocky Gabel, Valley City, organized the event in honor of his wife, Debbie Gabel, who lost her battle with ovarian cancer in 2009. Last year, approximately 200 people participated in the motorcycle ride. Net proceeds of the events benefit Hospice of the Red River Valley.
– Begins at 9 a.m. and ends at approximately 5:30 p.m. (starts and ends at Veterans Memorial Park parking lot)
– Blessing at 11:50 a.m.; ride begins at noon
– Cost to participate is $20 per vehicle; breakfast and supper provided as part of fee
Raffle and silent auction:
– Takes place at Valley City VFW
– Raffle tickets are $20 and can be purchased in advance or at the event until 11:45 p.m. Prizes include: 2013 Polaris Ranger (sponsored, in part by, Bayshore City Side); Browning shot gun from 20/20 Auto; $500 cash from Thundering Saints; $350 gift certificate from Appliance City; $300 beef bundle from Valley Meat; and $300 gas card from Dakota Plains Cooperative.
– 9 p.m. on Main Street (between Central Avenue and 2nd Avenue East); music by the Michael D Band
– Free for riders; $10 for the public
For more information, visit www.thunderingsaints.com.