Red River Valley Palliative Care is a free, community-based, consultative service that provides in-home nursing care visits and specialized medical care for people living with a chronic disease. We are there to offer support to the patient and family in their home while maintaining communication with the patient’s primary physician. Our professionals work alongside the patient’s primary care team to help improve the individual’s quality of life by reducing the symptoms and stress of chronic disease. This is accomplished by early identification, assessment and treatment of pain, symptoms and problems. Palliative care does not replace treatment of an illness; rather the goal is to ease and prevent suffering and improve quality of life for both the patient and the family.
Red River Valley Palliative Care focuses on what helps people live their best possible day. Engaging our palliative care team means patients experience fewer trips to the clinic to manage chronic illness so they can focus on living their best life.
Red River Valley Palliative Care allows people the ability to live more comfortably and helps:
- Facilitate discussions about a patient’s prognosis and advance care planning to help communicate and document health care wishes
- Medication education/management to help clarify medications and understand treatments
- Pain and symptom management with the patient’s primary care provider
- Navigation through progression of illness
- Home safety
- Support and education for patient and family
- Transition to hospice care, when appropriate
Palliative care works alongside and does not replace a patient’s ongoing treatments. Referring your patient to Red River Valley Palliative Care is as easy as contacting us. After you answer a few questions about your patient, we will take it from there. Contact us online or call (800) 237-4629 for more information.