Palliative care provides our patients with an expanded medical team that is designed to anticipate, reduce and manage physical, emotional, social and spiritual suffering. Palliative care can be provided along with curative treatment, and may benefit patients at any age and/or stage of their chronic illness. Services can be delivered to in any care setting.
Engaging our palliative care team means patients experience fewer trips to the clinic to manage chronic illness so they can focus on living their best life.
Red River Valley Palliative Care allows people the ability to live more comfortably and helps:
- Facilitate discussions about a patient’s prognosis and advance care planning to help communicate and document health care wishes
- Medication education/management to help clarify medications and understand treatments
- Pain and symptom management with the patient’s primary care provider
- Navigation through progression of illness
- Home safety
- Support and education for patient and family
- Transition to hospice care, when appropriate
Palliative care works alongside and does not replace a patient’s ongoing treatments. Referring your patient to Red River Valley Palliative Care is as easy as contacting us. After you answer a few questions about your patient, we will take it from there. Contact us online or call (800) 237-4629 for more information.