Hospice of the Red River Valley continues to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and we are responding to ensure the well-being of patients and their families, volunteers and staff while also adhering to the regulations and recommendations of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Our patients and their families, and our staff remain our highest priority. We practice the guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC). Please be assured we have enhanced our already diligent infection control practices by implementing the following:
Our most up-to-date information as of March 31, 2020, follows below:
- We have increased our stringent infection control practices to further minimize and prevent the spread of the virus.
- During patient visits, staff may wear additional protective equipment, such as a gown, mask and/or gloves, even though it is not required, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- All staff are self-screening daily for signs of infection, which include fever, cough, shortness of breath and sore throat. Additionally, we are monitoring any staff who have recently traveled.
- All volunteer activities have been temporarily suspended, to protect both our patients and our volunteers and to follow the CDC’s recommendation for limiting contact through social distancing.
- Our team members are limiting exposure with one another and will utilize videoconferencing for meetings.
- Video and teleconferencing capabilities will be made available for most staff to visit with patients, if needed. We will also use these technologies to assist family members who are unable to visit their loved one in person due to nursing home or facility visitor restrictions.
We are working with local, regional and national health officials to assess and react to this ever-changing situation.
Heirlooms Thrift & Gift will close effective March 19 at 5 p.m. It will remain closed until further notice. We will reopen when it is safe to do so. Online sales will be available with curbside pick-up. Please visit Heirlooms Facebook page.
The following events have been canceled to further limit exposure and spread:
- Grief support groups and grief classes canceled until April 30:
- Grief Journeys for Adults – East Grand Forks
- Grief Journeys for Adults support group – Fargo
- Grief Journeys for Adults – Valley City
- Grief Journeys for Men support group – Fargo
- Grief Journeys for Widows (daytime) support group – Fargo
- Grief Journeys for Widows (evening) support group – Fargo
- Life & Pregnancy After Loss support group – Fargo
- Pregnancy & Infant Loss support group – Fargo
- Pregnancy & Infant Loss support group – Detroit Lakes
- A Life Remembered Service – Ada
- A Life Remembered Service – Grand Forks
- Grief 101: How to Help Ourselves & Others – Ashley
- Grief 101: How to Help Ourselves & Others – Ellendale
- Journeying Through Grief class – Fargo
- Seasonal Support Group – Crookston
- Youth Journeys – Fargo
- All community education is canceled through April 30:
- Being Mortal – Ellendale
- Being Mortal – Frazee
- Being Mortal – Halstad
- Being Mortal – Jamestown
- Being Mortal – Vergas
- Lunch and Learn
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers