Hospice of the Red River Valley continues to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and we are responding to ensure the well-being of patients and their families, volunteers and staff while also adhering to the regulations and recommendations of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Our patients and their families, and our staff remain our highest priority. We practice the guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC). Please be assured we have enhanced our already diligent infection control practices by implementing the following:
Our most up-to-date information is as follows below:
- We have increased our stringent infection control practices to further minimize and prevent the spread of the virus.
- During patient visits, staff may wear additional protective equipment, such as a gown, mask and/or gloves, even though it is not required, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- All staff are self-screening daily for signs of infection, which include fever, cough, shortness of breath and sore throat. Additionally, we are monitoring any staff who have recently traveled.
- Some volunteer activities have been temporarily suspended to protect both our patients and our volunteers and to follow the CDC’s recommendation for limiting contact through social distancing.
- Our team members are limiting exposure with one another and will utilize videoconferencing for meetings.
- Video and teleconferencing capabilities will be made available for most staff to visit with patients, if needed.
We are working with local, regional and national health officials to assess and react to this ever-changing situation.
Heirlooms Thrift & Gift
Heirlooms Thrift & Gift is open. The store hours are Monday-Friday from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Following CDC and state guidelines, masks are optional for fully vaccinated people.
The following events have moved to virtual only: