You care about your patients. We care about them too. Hospice of the Red River Valley will partner with you to complement your care with services that improve patient satisfaction and quality of life and reduce unnecessary hospital readmissions, ICU bed usage and hospital length of stay. There are many other benefits to referring your patients to hospice care, including:
- Hospice provides medications, durable medical equipment and supplies, which lessens the financial burden of quality care for the patient and the family while increasing compliance with treatment plans and patient satisfaction.
- Hospice provides intensive comfort care to address your patient’s pain and symptoms. With the focus on comfort, your patients will have fewer or no unnecessary hospitalizations or emergency department visits.
- Hospice professionals provide guidance and education to family members and caregivers. With additional support, caregivers experience less stress and burnout and patients experience better care and quality of life.
- Hospice care includes a multi-disciplinary team who expertly address a patient’s medical, emotional, spiritual and personal care needs. Additionally, the family benefits from emotional support and bereavement care. Patients have 24/7 access to the hospice team, even on weekends on holidays, reducing unnecessary trips to the emergency room.
- Hospice of the Red River Valley’s services are provided wherever the patient resides which reduces the stress of traveling back and forth to physician offices or to the hospital. Additionally, patients make fewer calls to the clinical or hospital, which saves everyone time.
- Your patients have priorities and goals aside from just living longer. The hospice care team supports the wishes of the patient and his or her family members and personal caregivers while helping them achieve their goals for care and what is most important to them.
We can help your patients and you. Contact us to learn more about our services, or refer your patient today.
“Hospice of the Red River Valley’s online referral form is simple and easy to navigate. It saves me time, and I know they receive the information they need. It asks the appropriate questions, and I can attach additional information. Sometimes I don’t have time to phone in a referral. I like the online form because it helps me be efficient and accomplishes a referral in less time.
The online referral form gives me the flexibility of starting and stopping at my convenience. I can start filling it out the form, and if I’m interrupted or called away can later come back and finish the referral without the back and forth that phone calls would require. It’s easy, quick, asks the appropriate information, and what’s best, I always hear back from Hospice of the Red River Valley quickly after the referral is made.”
Tammy Rodeman, RN Nurse Manager LTC
Ecumen Detroit Lakes