- This event has passed.
July 2023 Lunch and Learn: Professional Caregiver Grief/Grief in the Workplace
July 11 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The public is invited to Hospice of the Red River Valley’s upcoming Lunch and Learn. Lunch and Learns are held on the second Tuesday of January, March, May, July, September and November.
The next session will be held Tuesday, July 11, from noon – 1 p.m. Hospice of the Red River Valley Bereavement Specialist, Connie DeKrey, will present “Professional Caregiver Grief/Grief in the Workplace.”
In this session, participants will:
- Identify at least three types of losses which can elicit a grief response.
- Define what is meant by “disenfranchised grief,” and give an example.
- Identify at least three common grief reactions which might be observed by a colleague who has experienced a loss.
- Describe at least two strategies for coping with one’s own grief/assist a grieving coworker to cope, while continuing to function in one’s professional capacity.
- Discuss three factors which influence how an individual may process grief.
Hospice of the Red River Valley is an approved provider of continuing education for social workers in North Dakota. This program will be awarded 1 contact hour.
This Lunch and Learn will be held virtually/online. Attendees will receive a link for the online meeting upon registration the day of the presentation.