- This event has passed.
November 2019 Lunch & Learn: Honoring Their Choices
November 12, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Health care professionals are invited to Hospice of the Red River Valley’s upcoming Lunch and Learn as we continue to explore topics related to end-of-life care. Lunch and Learns are held every other month on the second Tuesday of the month from noon to 1 p.m.
The next session will be held Tuesday, Nov. 12, from noon-1 p.m. Roxanne Smedsrud, RN, CHPN with Hospice of the Red River Valley, will present “Honoring Their Choices.“
This collaborative session will help attendees:
- Identify what patients want at end of life
- Learn how to have the conversation about advance directives
- Understand the difference between an advance directive, living will, health care agent and durable power of attorney.
Hospice of the Red River Valley is an approved provider of continuing education for social workers in North Dakota. This program will be awarded 1 contact hour.
This Lunch and Learn will be held at five Hospice of the Red River Valley locations:
- Fargo – 1701 38th St. SW
- Detroit Lakes* – 1111 Highway 10
- Grand Forks* – 2860 10th Ave. N., Suite 400
- Lisbon* – 415 Main St.
- Valley City* – 1240 W. Main St.
*The Detroit Lakes, Grand Forks, Lisbon and Valley City offices will connect via videoconference to the Fargo office, where the live presentation will take place.
This event is free and open to all health care professionals. Pre-registration is required because space is limited. RSVP online by Nov. 5. Participants may bring their own lunches; coffee and water will be provided. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.