Health care professionals are invited to Hospice of the Red River Valley’s upcoming Lunch and Learn as we continue to explore topics related to end-of-life care. Lunch and Learns are held every other month on the second Tuesday of the month from noon to 1 p.m.
The next session will be held Tuesday, Nov. 12, from noon-1 p.m. Roxanne Smedsrud, RN, CHPN with Hospice of the Red River Valley, will present “Honoring Their Choices.” This collaborative session will help attendees understand:
- Identify what patients want at end of life
- Learn how to have the conversation about advance directives
- Understand the difference between an advance directive, living will, health care agent and durable power of attorney.
This Lunch and Learn will be held at five Hospice of the Red River Valley locations:
- Fargo – 1701 38th St. SW
- Detroit Lakes – 1111 Highway 10
- Grand Forks – 2860 10th Ave. N., Suite 400
- Lisbon – 415 Main St.
- Valley City – 1240 W. Main St.
The Detroit Lakes, Grand Forks, Lisbon and Valley City offices will connect via videoconference to the Fargo office, where the live presentation will take place.
This event is free and open to all health care professionals. Pre-registration is required because space is limited. RSVP online at bit.ly/hrrvlunchlearn by Nov. 5. Participants may bring their own lunches; coffee and water will be provided. If you have questions, please send an email to email@example.com.