Not all hospices are alike. All hospices have the same Medicare requirements, but the way in which care is delivered can be significantly different.
You have a Choice
If you or your loved one is seriously ill, insist on the hospice provider that has compassionately cared for nearly 30,000 patients and their families in our region for almost 40 years. We believe Hospice of the Red River Valley is the best choice, and here’s why:
- Responsiveness. Hospice of the Red River Valley has an impressive response time, no matter where our patients reside, with 24/7 access to a nurse through our call center and after-hours staff. Patients, family members and caregivers can reach a Hospice of the Red River Valley registered nurse any time of the day or night—whenever symptoms and questions need an immediate response by calling (800) 237-4629
- Quality and expertise. At Hospice of the Red River Valley, hospice and palliative care is all we do—it’s our specialty. Most of us want the best when we have a serious condition: the best oncologist, the best surgeon, etc. Many of our staff earn hospice-specific certifications relating to their area of expertise, such as Hospice and Palliative Licensed Nurse Certification through the Hospice & Palliative Credentialing Center and the Thanatology Certification through the Association for Death Education and Counseling. We are the region’s leading expert in end-of-life care and education.
- Full-time medical director. A full-time medical director whose sole focus is hospice care is a unique asset and not common to every hospice organization. This allows Hospice of the Red River Valley to be more responsive to our patients and their specific needs. Our medical director also has the support of our complete medical team, which includes an additional full-time hospice physician and nurse practitioners.
- Grief support. Hospice of the Red River Valley offers a robust grief program both for families whose loved ones were cared for by our organization and for community members. In addition to the follow-up grief care given to hospice family members for 13 months, we have a community-wide grief support program that includes support groups, classes, community grief libraries and other resources for anyone who has lost a loved one through death. We also serve as a grief and loss resource for area schools, churches and businesses.
- Affordability. As a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, Hospice of the Red River Valley provides care to anyone who meets the medical guidelines for care. No one is denied services because of an inability to pay or lack of insurance coverage.
- Volunteer support. In addition to more than 200 professional and highly skilled employees, we have more than 300 volunteers throughout our services area. Our volunteers contribute to the organization in meaningful ways through a variety of roles, including patient companions, office volunteers, couriers, hairstylists, pet therapists and several other roles.
- Local employees and presence. Hospice of the Red River Valley staff members live in communities throughout our entire services area, which enables us to respond quickly to patients’ needs. The agency has six office locations across the Red River Valley: Fargo, Grand Forks, Lisbon and Valley City, N.D.; and Detroit Lakes and Thief River Falls, Minn.
In the decades since our organization was formed, we have touched the lives of countless families. Read what they have to say about Hospice of the Red River Valley or contact us for more information about how we can help you.